Friday, November 13, 2009

My Lost Blackberry

It happened just like this:

For lunch yesterday I decided to brave the elements and go out. Had a craving for Sushi which meant I would have to do some walking in the rain/wind storm. And it was during the walk that Mr. Blackberry and I became separated.

For several days now it has rained here in Virginia.
This is a combination of the remnants of hurricane Ida
and a passing Nor'easter.
I made it to the restaurant OK, although a little wet and cold from the driving rain. Lunch was great. I even managed to tweet about the experience while there. It was after lunch that I lost my blackberry.

While crossing a busy intersection, a gust of wind blew the raincoat around my head. I became significantly disoriented...and Yes, it wrapped around my head. I managed to get it off and hastily exited the intersection towards the nearest shelter. After composing myself, I realized my phone was missing from the holster.

Back out in the wind and rain I go, retracing my steps. And guess where I found it? In the middle of the intersection where I was attacked by the raincoat. Sitting in a pool of water. And that's not all. It had also been struck one or more times by a passing vehicle...as evidenced by the many new scars.

POOR Blackberry. RIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment