Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Family Traditions

Every Christmas Eve since my oldest child was 4, I visited our home as Santa. I'll be posting a video tribute to that event soon, so keep watching. I won't be doing that this year for the first time because my youngest two are about 99% certain it's me. I never seem to be around when Santa visits. They also discovered my tattered, worn out Santa suit....wouldn't have made it beyond this year anyway. That's OK, I have something else planned so please don't tell my kids. Shhhh!

We also like to go to the church plays. One in particular is done every other year by a small country church near our home. The entire church membership participates in an outdoor play of Jesus' birth, with the guests walking from scene to scene through the woods. It ALWAYS turns cold the week of that play...which makes the hot chocolate and desserts afterwards by the church fireplace a kid favorite.

What family traditions do you have for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment